Updated: Oct. 4, 2021
Keeping Our Community Safe
As we follow our recovery process, we will continue to monitor the progression of the pandemic and will adjust our approach as necessary to maintain health and safety of our community.
Employees who have been approved to resume on-campus activities will receive detailed information from their supervisors, including more information on employee health and safety measures.
The following protocols have been put in place to help keep our community safe.
Laurier COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Vaccinations: Students, staff and faculty will be required to be fully vaccinated to attend campus.
- Self-Assessing Symptoms: Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms is not be permitted to attend campus. Self-assessment and self-isolation protocols will be enforced.
- Protective Equipment and Masks: Laurier’s face-covering policy dictates that anyone on campus must wear an approved face covering in all indoor common areas such as hallways, lobbies, lounges or elevators, in classrooms and laboratories.
- Hygiene: Individuals are strongly encouraged to frequently wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and use the additional hand-sanitizing stations provided.
- Gatherings, Events and Meetings: On-site meetings are discouraged in favour of technological solutions. If gathering in person, individuals must follow physical distancing protocols.
- Physical Distancing: Classrooms, shared workspaces and other official gatherings must comply with physical distancing guidelines of 2 metres (6 feet) separation.
- Enhancing Cleaning: Enhanced cleaning protocols including cleaning and disinfecting all touch points (e.g. doors, elevators, stair rails, washrooms, etc.) for occupied areas. Hand sanitizer in common areas, sanitizing products in workspaces and disinfectant sprays in washrooms are available to encourage additional cleaning measures.
- Signage and Floor Markings: Signage is installed on campus to communicate and promote physical distancing and health and safety protocols.
- Ventilation and Air Quality: Ventilation systems are monitored to ensure they are operating properly and effectively. The ventilation system has been enhanced where possible to control the spread.
Laurier has released a COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination policy.
Everyone must have received a second dose or exemption by Oct. 8 to attend a Laurier location in the fall term for any reason.
A vaccine passport feature has been added to the SAFEHawk app. All students, staff and faculty are asked to complete their vaccine passport as soon as possible. For those attending a Laurier location this fall, vaccine passports must be completed by Oct. 8.
Further details are available through the following resources:
Experiencing COVID-19 Symptoms?
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are informed of a positive case of COVID-19, please follow the appropriate protocols:
You are also encouraged to visit the COVID-19 in Ontario website for information on self-assessment, finding a testing location and the COVID Alert mobile app.
Reporting and Case Management
Reporting plays an important role in keeping the Laurier community safe and healthy. The COVID-19 Cases on Campus tracker is updated regularly and includes confirmed employees and students cases.
Health and Wellness Resources
Laurier Student Wellness Centres
The Student Wellness Centres
are operating by appointment only.
Local Health Agencies