Campus Experience and Tour Coordinator
Fourth-Year Concurrent Education and English
My Favourite Quote:
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
Three Facts About Me:
- I’ve had many opportunities to apply and gain teaching experiences in Brantford, such as working at the Read On program, volunteering with blind and deaf-blind students, volunteering with Best Buddies, as well as completing six practicum placements!
- I can communicate fluently in sign language.
- It is my goal to travel to at least one new destination a year.
Why Did You Choose Laurier?
I chose Laurier’s Brantford campus because of how nice the residence buildings are – 100% apartment style had me sold! I thoroughly enjoy how integrated our campus is with the city of Brantford; it allows students to gain real-world experiences through co-op opportunities or Community Service Learning placements before graduation.
Involvement on Campus:
- Executive of Book Bookies: a sub-committee of the largest club on campus, Laurier Students for Literacy
- Hiring & Recruitment
- Employed as a Peer Mentor at Writing and Study Skills Services
- Note-Taker with the Accessible Learning Centre
Three Favourite Courses that I Have Taken at Laurier:
- The Fairy Tale
- Early American Autobiography
- Children, Toys, and Media