Laurier announces successful United Way campaign
Thanks to the generosity of the Laurier community, Laurierís United Way campaign raised $66,369.81 from faculty, staff and retirees from our Waterloo, Kitchener, Brantford and Toronto locations.
The United Way campaign has been a proud part of Laurierís history, and is an essential part of the universityís future. Supporting the communities in which we reside reflects our mandate to inspire lives of leadership and purpose.
Each year, the Laurier community comes together to support the United Way agencies, ensuring the continuing provision of vital programs and services in our communities.
Thanks to the generosity of the Laurier community, the $66,000raised allows:
- 416 people experiencing homelessness to access emergency shelter
- 99 people to access healthy, nutritious food
- 102 children to take part in social skills programs
- 60 youth to participate in community recreation programs
- 570 victims of trauma to receive support
- 70 individuals to receive mental health counsellingFor more information on how you can become involved in next yearís campaign, contact Sheldon Pereira, Director, University Community Relations at email@example.com or ext. 2593 or visit wlu.ca/unitedway.
"Change Starts Here"
Please click here to watch a video from the United Way of Kitchener Waterloo & Area.
Please click here to watch a video from the Brant United Way.
Please click here to watch a video of John Neufeld (MBA '04), executive director of the House of Friendship, talk to the Laurier community about the impact of donations to the United Way on organizations such as his.