Apply Your Learning
Make the most out of your university career by taking advantage of all that Laurier has to offer you. Volunteer work, campus clubs, leadership programs, studying abroad, work experience – there are so many ways you can extend your classroom experience into the real world.
Here are just a few examples of the experiences you can add to your Global Studies program:
- Apply for co-op at the end of your first year and gain real-world work experience.
- Take part in international placements or field courses, such as the Arts Global Experience field placement, that leverage your classroom learning with experiential and work-integrated learning.
- Add a language to your degree, such as French or Spanish, and gain practical translation skills that you can add to your resume.
- Take the Social Entrepreneurship Option to gain practical experience and customize your degree.
- Study abroad for an academic term to become immersed in another culture.
Check out the Global Studies Experience and Career Guide for more!